Is AI taking over my job?
May 5, 2021
Me: Dad, what’s wrong? Why are you so worried?
Dad: Our department has introduced something called “Computer” and it’s processing calculations in 5 mins what typically takes my team 3–4 hours. Everyone is scared and they are saying all of us will lose our jobs in the next 3–4 years.
Me: Can’t you get another job?
Dad: I have spent all my life in this field and it’s difficult to move to a different career, you won’t understand it.
Me: What are you guys going to do about this?
Dad: We are planning a STRIKE till this monster called Computer is removed from our office.
- The largest employer of the labor force was Agriculture and Farming. This has declined by around 90% today!
- The weaving sector has seen a steep decline of 70%
- The muscle sector (e.g.: washing clothes) saw a steep decline of around 83%
- Healthcare sector saw an increase of 900% in job opportunities
- There was around a 500% increase in the education sector, and
- 160% increase in care workers
Recruit: Sir, should I be worried about the AI Robots that are being commissioned at our plant?
Senior: Hmmm, I was worried 20 years back when they brought in new machines, we thought we would all lose jobs, we produced less than 10,000 cars a year then and now we do more than that in one day and I am still there, am I not? You should not scared of the Robots rather you should be scared of human complacency of not learning and adapting.
What do you guys think? Are we going to lose our jobs to AI?
Jobs of 2050 (Ref.: Vulcan Post)
- Medical Roboticist
- Custom Implant Organ Designer
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Simulation Engineer
- Construction Specialist
- Genetics Counsellor
- Transportation Engineer